Your sump pump is one of those things you may not remember until you need it—then you cross your fingers it’s running as it should. The good news is that the specialists at Roy Inch & Sons Service Experts are here to help whether you decide on new sump pump installation, repair or replacement for your London home.
Sump pumps can fail for a number of different reasons and we’ve likely seen it all. So, when your sump pump starts acting weird, give Roy Inch & Sons Service Experts a call to schedule a visit and explore your issue.
During our visit, we can leave you with a few preventive maintenance tips to help guarantee your sump pump doesn’t leave you high and dry (or actually, quite the contrary) when you need it most. Our team will observe your sump pump for correct operation and if we see any evidence of a potential problem, we’ll alert you immediately and discuss your options.
It is crucial to remember there are several very basic things that you can do to make sure you have your sump pump set up for efficiency:
- Identify the pump is plugged in to a ground fault circuit interrupter (GFCI) outlet in case of power surges.
- Ensure the cord is in good shape.
- Be sure the pump is vertical and not tipping to one side since it can cause the sump pump to not activate when needed.
- If it has been a while since your sump pump has operated, pour a bucket of water into the pit to make sure the pump starts and the water drains quickly.
- When it’s going to be dry, pull out the sump pump and clean the grate on the bottom as it can pull small stones into the grate over time.
- Make sure the vent hole in the discharge pipe is unblocked.
Because your sump pump is essentially a type of insurance to protect your living space and your belongings from what can be distressing water damage, look to the experts at Roy Inch & Sons Service Experts to help ensure yours is doing its job. We’ve got the experience and expertise you need, whether you need sump pump repair or sump pump replacement. Give us a call at 226-270-1164
or request an appointment online.