Expert Sump Pump Repair and Replacement in London
You likely don’t think about your sump pump until it rains hard. Then you expect it’s draining properly so your London basement doesn’t sustain water damage.
Sump pumps can cease draining for several different reasons.
We’ve handled it all. If your pump isn’t running correctly, contact the experts at Roy Inch & Sons Home Services by Enercare to fix the problem.
We’ll inspect your pump during our visit and give you preventive maintenance tips, so it won’t stop when you need it most.
Common Causes of Sump Pump Failure
Sump pumps can quit running for a few different reasons:
- No power
- Insufficient maintenance
- Too small of a unit
- Incorrect installation
- Switch issues
- Frosted over or plugged discharge lines
- Age (average pump lasts 10 years)
Sump Pump Maintenance Checklist
There are a few easy things you can do to make sure your sump pump is prepared for efficiency.
- Make sure the cord is in decent shape.
- Plug it into a GFCI outlet in the event of power surges.
- Confirm the pump is upright and not tipping to one side, since this can trigger the pump to not activate when needed.
- If the pump hasn’t been on recently, drop a bucket of water into the pit to make sure the pump starts and pulls out the water quickly.
- During arid forecasts, remove the sump pump and clean the grate on the bottom since it can draw small stones into the grate over time.
- Confirm the discharge pipe’s vent hole is free of obstructions.
Trust Roy Inch & Sons Home Services by Enercare for Your Sump Pump Needs
Because your sump pump is a kind of safeguard to defend your home from water damage, depend on the professionals at Roy Inch & Sons Home Services by Enercare to confirm yours is doing its job.
We’ve got the expertise—whether you need sump pump repair or sump pump replacement. Plus, all of our services are supported by a worry free guarantee.* Contact us at 226-270-1164 or get a free quote online.