If you think you may have a gas leak, evacuate your home and call 911 immediately.
Signs of a gas leak may include the following:
- The aroma of sulfur or “rotten eggs”
- Hissing or blowing sounds from appliances attached to the gas line, such as gas stoves, or sounds from the gas source itself
- Dead or discolored grass, plants or other vegetation
- Residents of the home experiencing symptoms such as dizziness, nausea or fatigue
If you are dealing with any of these signs and are worried they could be caused by a gas leak, evacuate your home and call 911 immediately, followed by your utility company.
There are cases where the utility company will take care of a gas leak, but in a lot of cases the homeowner is liable. Fortunately, the team at Roy Inch & Sons Service Experts are thoroughly trained to install or repair gas lines and we pride ourselves on getting the job done right, and more importantly, safely. Not to mention that all our work is backed with our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee*!
GAS LINE REPAIR IS SOMETHING YOU SHOULD NEVER DO AS A DIY PROJECT.
While there are a number of projects around the house that homeowners choose to take on by themselves, gas line repair should to be left up to the specialists. It is the only way to make sure that your gas lines are both safe and effective, as well as up to all London codes.
From putting in gas lines for a new stove or oven to doing repairs on gas lines for a heater in your garage, Roy Inch & Sons Service Experts’s years of experience have allowed us to handle a number of gas line projects in the London community, so no job is too much for our team.
Gas Leak and Carbon Monoxide Safety
As mentioned before, the first thing you need to do if you are nervous about a gas leak is exit your home and then call 911 promptly. After emergency responders are coming your way, reach out to your utility company.
Once the emergency responders and utility company have confirmed there is no danger, call Roy Inch & Sons Service Experts to schedule a gas line repair, installation or replacement.
Poisonous gases, including natural gas and carbon monoxide, need to be taken very seriously. Make sure you have carbon monoxide detectors installed in your home and call 911 promptly if you’re ever worried about a gas leak or carbon monoxide in your home. Unlike natural gas, carbon monoxide won’t have a smell and can’t be easily detected. The EPA recommends these steps to reduce exposure to carbon monoxide:
- Keep gas appliances properly adjusted.
- Put in and utilize an exhaust fan vented to outdoors over gas stoves.
- Open flues when fireplaces are in use.
- Have a trained professional inspect, clean and tune up your central heating systems (including furnaces, flues and chimneys) annually and fix any leaks right away.
For more pointers on how to safely heat your home and avoid carbon monoxide issues, look at our blog.