FREE in-home consultation

Fight Allergies in London with a UV Germicidal Light

Ultraviolet light was originally used to cure tuberculosis. Today, it’s used to clean hospitals, some foods during processing, water and air. Germicidal lamps can also make your London home’s environment healthier.

A UV lamp can decontaminate HVAC systems and enhance the air quality in your London home. It can wipe out mold, bacteria, viruses and other pathogens within 10 seconds of contact.

This can prompt relief for asthma and allergy sufferers, especially in hot, humid climates where mold and bacteria prosper. These lights may even help your HVAC system work longer, since they keep components clean.

Our Experts can suggest the system that will work best for your home and your family’s needs. And all work by Roy Inch & Sons Service Experts is upheld by a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for a year.*

How Does Germicidal UV Light Work?

Ultraviolet lamps are installed inside your ductwork, near your HVAC system, and operate all the time. These lamps use ultraviolet radiation and special lightbulbs to wipe out the DNA of bacteria or a virus.

In as little as 10 seconds, this powerful light halts contaminants from growing throughout your HVAC system and home.

Two studies have shown how efficient UV light is in battling germs and mold.

In 2012, researchers at Duke University Medical Center used it to eliminate 97 percent of drug-resistant bacteria in 50 hospital rooms.

In 2001, researchers found UV light “significantly lowered” mold concentration in a commercial office building’s HVAC system.

A germicidal system can also wipe out smells and airborne bioaerosols like pollen or pet dander. It’s not practical against dust, which is best regulated by an air filtration system.

Is UV Germicidal Light Safe?

Using UV light in your home is harmless as long as you follow a few precautions.

The sun radiates ultraviolet light, which has a lower wavelength than light you can detect. It’s at fault for leading to painful sunburns. Prolonged overexposure can cause wrinkles, skin cancer and eye problems.

The type of light used in a germicidal system is stronger, so it’s important to let Roy Inch & Sons Service Experts handle installation and maintenance. You should never look right at the light or allow bare skin to come into contact with it.