Carbon monoxide (CO) is a clear, odorless and tasteless gas. It’s produced by partial fuel combustion often caused by not enough oxygen. In your residence, appliances that rely on natural gas, charcoal, wood or kerosene are vulnerable. Especially if they are not running properly or have been installed incorrectly.
Vehicle exhaust fumes from attached garages, as well as fireplaces that aren’t working right may also create carbon monoxide. CO is poisonous to the body and is fatal at heightened levels or with long exposure.