Stopping it from happening is the most essential step. Doing appropriate safety precautions will reduce your likelihood of carbon monoxide poisoning in London.
Here are a couple steps you can take to protect your family:
- Idle your car outside your garage. Cars are a major source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so never leave yours running in the restricted space of a garage. The same applies for gas equipment including lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
- Don’t run ovens or grills as heaters. These things are safe when used properly but can create carbon monoxide when run for an extensive period of time in tight spaces.
- Don’t run a gas generator indoors, as it produces fumes.
- Have your chimney inspected by a pro. This verifies chimneys and vents aren’t clogged and connected appropriately.
- Check gas appliances are working properly, particularly your furnace. You can ensure efficient, safe comfort by requesting yearly furnace maintenance with Roy Inch & Sons Home Services by Enercare.