Air conditioners don’t last forever, despite the brand or quality. If you’re getting ready for air conditioning replacement in London, you might be considering—should you also schedule furnace replacement too? It differs based on your situation.
Here are a few factors to think over, in addition to the perks of not having a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Things to Ask When Thinking Over Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are key questions to answer before making your decision:
- When was your furnace installed? Furnaces can work up to 20 years, while air conditioners work for about 15 years. If your furnace is past a 15 years old, we suggest replacing it with your air conditioner. If it’s much less than 15 years old than this, you can typically hold on it.
- What kind of air conditioner are you getting? A lot of homeowners are swapping out their outdated, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed styles. This conserves energy and increases comfort by running at multiple speeds. Air conditioners use the furnace blower to move air. So, if you have a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to replace it to realize the full comfort and benefits of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace give the right air flow? Your furnace needs to provide the right amount of air to keep your house the right temperature. An updated air conditioner could need a different indoor coil. So, it’s crucial your furnace is appropriately sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, such as one from Roy Inch & Sons Service Experts, can figure out that static pressure of your system and give the right recommendation.
- Is the installation tricky? You’ll make it easier on your Expert and your pocketbook if you install both components at the same time.
Why You Should Buy a New Furnace and Air Conditioner at the Same Time
If your furnace and air conditioner work together and are adequately sized, there aren’t often any big imminent drawbacks. A mismatched setup is often a stopgap until the other system stops working. You can skip the short-term fix by replacing your furnace and air conditioner at the same time. And, you’ll reap these pluses:
- Increased efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll ensure everything operates at the greatest efficiency, making your family cozier and lowering your annual heating and cooling costs.
- Decreased HVAC repairs: If you put in new air conditioning but keep the old furnace, you never know when it might break down for good. In the meantime, you’ll pay for repairs that could have gone toward an upgraded furnace.
- Possible discounts: You can spend less on labor by having both installed at once. And you may even be authorized for a special deal since you’re installing new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to replace your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, get in touch with Roy Inch & Sons Service Experts. We understand the price of replacing your complete system may concern you, so we’ll make your investment economical through special offers or our stress-free Advantage Program™. You can enjoy a new, high-efficiency unit at no money down and simply one low monthly cost. And all maintenance and repairs down the road are covered!*
You can feel good knowing that our team is highly trained, experienced and NATE-certified to guarantee a job done right the first time. Plus, we offer a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 226-270-1164 to get an HVAC installation estimate today!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.