When rough weather heads our way, whether it’s forecasted or not, it can have a lot that comes with it. Staying safe and protecting your home are your highest priorities, but did you know there are steps you can take to prep your air conditioner so that when the storm passes, your AC repair technician will give you the all-clear?
Taking even a few moments to think about your heating and cooling systems before the storm comes can help you avoid damage to your system when it’s all said and done. Then, when you set up for an AC repair technician to check your system afterwards, they can probably provide you with good news that your steps worked.
At Roy Inch & Sons Service Experts, we know that there’s only so much prep work you can do to get ready for severe weather, and time might not give you much notice, so we’ve put together a a checklist of what you can do before and after a severe weather event occurs.
- Turn off your heating and cooling equipment. Power surges are common during severe weather, so be sure to turn off your system via your thermostat and your circuit breaker to know for sure it is totally off.
- Cover the outdoor unit. Whether it’s a specific AC cover or simply a tarp, covering your system and securing the cover may keep away any debris that gets thrown around during severe weather. Just make sure you have turned the system totally off prior to covering it with anything.
- Prep your yard. Be sure all loose outdoor items such as grills, patio furniture and any yard tools are put away in a secure place so that they don’t get thrown around during the storm.
- Clear the debris. Once it is alright to return out of your home, ensure any debris is cleared away from your outdoor unit.
- Damaged? If you see any damage to your system or if it is sitting in standing water, call Roy Inch & Sons Service Experts prior to turning on your air conditioner. We can properly look at your system and figure out whether or not an AC repair is a necessity.
Of course we all hope that severe weather doesn’t hit us in London, but we have to be prepped if we want the best chance to dodge any major damage or other issues that might come with it. If you have any questions about how to best prep for threatening weather in London or want to know what our AC repair service consists of after the storm has gone through, give us a call at 226-270-1164 or schedule an appointment with Roy Inch & Sons Service Experts through our online scheduler.