Your air conditioner’s purpose is keeping your home’s air cool, which means that any time you allow heat back in your home, you’re making the air conditioner work harder than need be. While the air conditioner is your main source for cooler air, there are a few things you can do, outside of air conditioner service, to help keep the London heat out and help your air conditioner survive during the rest of the summer.
Here are seven tips from Roy Inch & Sons Service Experts to help keep hot air outdoors:
- Block out the sun. Quite a bit of heat makes its way into your home through your windows. Keep it out by utilizing solar screens, tinted windows and blackout curtains. At minimum, purchase blinds and keep them closed.
- Seal air leaks. The spaces in your home that are air conditioned should be as air-tight as possible. Check out your crawlspace, basement or attic for major air holes like these in the building envelope. We can arrange for a high-tech comfort performance assessment for you to discover leaks in walls, ceilings and ducts.
- Check for leaky doors and windows. Inspect your windows and doors and add or replace caulk or weather-stripping that may be torn or showing signs of wear.
- Try no-cook or served-cold meals. Your stove and oven create a lot of heat in your home. Try some no-cook meals and use your microwave as an alternative to your stove or oven.
- Run the dishwasher and dryer at night. Save any household activities that might produce heat for evenings after the temperature outside drops. You can also let your dishes and clothes air dry and give those appliances a rest.
- Provide window coverage outside the home. Awnings over windows and doors can help protect from the sun’s direct heat. Trees can also give you shade and block some of the heat.
- Get a free air conditioner consultation. The greatest impact on heat is a new air conditioning system evaluation. After hearing about new air conditioner systems, technology and options, the ideal option may simply be an air conditioner upgrade.
If you don’t feel like your home is maintaining cool temperatures despite following the tips we’ve listed, it could mean that you need air conditioner service or repair. Air conditioner maintenance is one of the best ways to make certain that your equipment is operating as it should be and that you are getting peak efficiency and results. Don’t stay uncomfortable longer than need be. Give Roy Inch & Sons Service Experts in London or set up an appointment online to have a pro check out your air conditioner and make sure it’s operating as it should be.