There are a number of fun things to do in the fall, especially in London. But, there’s also that big list of must-do’s before the cold weather arrives. Although the outdoor yard work and home touchups are probably at the top of your list, there’s at least one indoor task you should consider handling early: getting your furnace service and tune-up appointment scheduled.
The experts at Roy Inch & Sons Service Experts recommend that furnace service and maintenance be performed at least annually to help prevent a breakdown in the dead of winter, when the furnace is needed most. There are a great deal of benefits to getting it completed before the cold and crisp weather sets in in London, too. Check out some of the top bonuses of furnace service:
- Helps maintain your heating system’s energy efficiency. Regular maintenance can help make sure that your furnace works at its highest efficiency throughout the coldest months of the year, helping you save on your heating bill.
- Ensures your furnace is in tip-top shape. From checking airflow to full multi-point inspections, you can be certain your furnace is ready to get you through whatever Mother Nature decides to throw at London when it cools off.
- Lowers the chances of breakdowns. Just about the last thing you want to happen on a cold winter day is have your furnace stop working, especially when heating companies are limited in their capacity for new customers. A furnace service appointment now will allow the technician to see potential problems and solve them before they happen.
- Helps keep your home safe. All furnaces burn some type of fuel to create heat, and cracks and leaks around the fuel area could compromise your family’s safety. Inspecting the heat exchanger, gas burner and gas valve calibration are crucial to keeping your home safe through the heating season.
- Keeps your warranty valid. Many manufacturers require that you have at least one furnace service appointment per year in order to keep your warranty, so getting regular maintenance completed can save you money if bigger problems occur down the road.
Taking proper care of your furnace has a ton of additional bonuses, and getting furnace service performed annually is just the first step. It’ll help keep your home comfortable throughout the winter and save you time later because you’re less likely to need extra service, maintenance or repairs in the middle of winter when heating and cooling companies like Roy Inch & Sons Service Experts are at their busiest.
If you have any questions about furnace service or a tune-up in London, give us a call at 226-270-1164 or schedule an appointment with Roy Inch & Sons Service Experts through our online scheduler.