Booking routine AC maintenance is useful.
Tune-ups keep your AC system in London running at its best performance while keeping energy needs low. It also could even help extend its life cycle.
While there are a few jobs you can finish by yourself, you should call the Experts, like the ones at Roy Inch & Sons Service Experts, for AC checks and maintenance.
Here are several steps you can do alone as you prepare for cooling season.
Get Your AC Tune-Up Set
Spring is a period of revival, and to many that involves a large amount of home, garage and yard cleaning. With the warmer weather right around the corner, it’s also a good idea to include AC upkeep on that list.
Spring is a great time to get your air conditioning system scrubbed and inspected. Hesitating to switch it on until the first warm day of the summer can be a gamble. If you have to have a fix or a new unit, you could be waiting awhile for an appointment. And that could get very uncomfortable.
And for people with allergies, being well prepared with a freshened air conditioning system will help assure the finest indoor air quality while it’s pollen season.
Also, AC service could be a requirement for your equipment’s manufacturer warranty or any extra extended warranty.
Can I Do a Tune-Up Alone?
There are procedures that you can take to help keep your air conditioner unit in the prime condition:
- Change your air filter. Clogged filters limit airflow and can decrease your system’s efficiency. While the replacement timeline depends on the kind you have, the U.S. Department of Energy recommends each month or two. This is very important if you deal with allergies or have a dog in your home.
- Lawn upkeep near the outside condenser. Make sure there’s not any grass, weeds or bushes by your cooling equipment. We recommend keeping 2–3 feet of open area. You should also remove any leaves or sticks that have dropped into your equipment, since this could limit airflow.
Let the Experts Handle the Rest
What’s left to accomplish? If you ring Roy Inch & Sons Service Experts at 226-270-1164, the primary thing we might do is compliment you for all the steps you’ve already done. Then we’ll get down to the nitty gritty. We’ll examine your unit and make sure it’s working like it should with these steps:
- Adjusting electrical connections to deliver reliable operation.
- Greasing to keep moving pieces working like they should and potentially avoid problems.
- Rinsing the condensate drain line to clear leak-inducing mold and blockages.
- Fixing coil fins to stop decreased airflow.
- Cleansing the exterior coil to remove any accumulation from soil and vegetation.
- Examining controls to make sure your unit is starting, running and shutting off properly.
- Assessing the operating temperature parameters to confirm your system has the correct refrigeration charge.
If we find troubles that involve additional service, we are ready to give you the most reasonable choice. Uncovering likely problems early might solve more substantial troubles later on. This also provides you time to plan if your system is aging.
When you are seeking a modern AC system, our Experts will assist you to pick the best solution for your family. We also offer financing to help make your new unit fit your budget. Whatever your cooling needs are, you can rest easy knowing our Experts will take care of you.
Ready to schedule your checkup? Give us a call at 226-270-1164 or schedule an appointment online now.