Spring is great for more than a few reasons: flowers bloom, you can open up windows for crisp air and your utility bill is commonly at its most economical. That’s because you’re not turning to your heating or air.
But as temperatures begin to climb, so do your energy bills. Here are some tips for saving energy in London and keeping costs less expensive.
1. Book Yearly AC Maintenance
Giving your AC system a yearly maintenance visit can help it operate more efficiently and cut down costs. Switching out your air filter will help keep utility expenses down.
If your HVAC equipment has experienced better days, spring is a good time to replace it. The energy-saving options in modern cooling systems is an obvious benefit for keeping your electricity bill down.
2. Turn to Your Thermostat
There’s a straightforward way you can save up to 10% on home comfort bills. Just dial your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours a day.
Understanding how to efficiently use your thermostat is the smartest way to lower energy bills in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re in the house. Think about it this way, the less significant the difference between exterior temperatures and interior temperatures, the less expensive your energy cost will be.
- When you’re not at home, set the thermostat to a significantly higher temperature or turn it off. There’s no reason to cool an empty home.
3. Try Other Approaches to Cool Your Home
You can do a couple other approaches to help keep your house at the right temperature:
- Use a ceiling fan—By starting a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no loss in comfort. Have your fan spin counterclockwise when it’s warm out, which pushes cool air upward. This moves cool air more equally when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds shut—Sunlight quickly changes into heat as it comes through windows. Keep your house more comfortable by closing blinds and curtains when you’re not using sunny rooms.
4. Look Into Installing a Smart Thermostat
You’ve left home and abruptly realize you forgot to turn up the thermostat. Then you fret about it the full day!
Smart thermostats learn your routine and move the temp when you’re out to help you save energy and money. You can also set the thermostat from anywhere with your phone.
These professional tips will all help keep summer energy costs economical. If you decide it’s time to improve your thermostat or need AC installation, call us at 226-270-1164 or contact us online. We’ll help you choose the right solution for your home. And like always, all our services are endorsed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
*Not applicable to the Advantage Program™. See your signed Advantage Program agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.