Spring is great for more than a few reasons: flowers are blossoming, you can open up windows for crisp air and your energy bill is commonly at its most economical. That’s because you’re not turning to your heat or air conditioner.
But as temperatures begin to climb, so do your energy bills. Here are a few tips for saving energy in London and keeping costs low.
1. Book Yearly AC Maintenance
Giving your AC system a yearly maintenance visit can help it operate more efficiently and trim costs. Replacing your air filter will help keep utility expenses low.
If your cooling equipment has experienced better days, spring is a good time to replace it. The energy-saving options in newer cooling systems is an obvious plus in keeping your energy charges down.
2. Lower Your Thermostat
There’s a simple way you can save up to 10% on home comfort bills. Just turn your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours a day.
Understanding how to effectively use your thermostat is the smartest way to lower energy bills in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re in the house. Think about it this way, the less significant the difference between exterior temperatures and interior temperatures, the less expensive your air conditioning expense will be.
- When you’re not at home, set the thermostat to a lot higher temperature or turn it off. There’s no reason to cool an empty home.
3. Take Advantage of Other Methods to Cool Your House
You can do a couple other approaches to help keep your residence at the right temperature:
- Use a ceiling fan—By starting a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no reduction in comfort. Have your fan spin counterclockwise in the summer, which pushes cool air upward. This moves cool air more evenly when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds shut—Sunlight quickly changes into heat as it comes through windows. Keep your house cooler by drawing blinds and curtains when you’re not sitting in sunny areas.
4. Look Into Installing a Smart Thermostat
You’ve left home and immediately realize you forgot to turn up the thermostat. Then you fret about it the full day!
Smart thermostats learn your schedule and move the temp when you’re out and about to help you save energy and money. You can also set the thermostat from anywhere with your phone.
These professional tips will all help keep summer energy costs economical. If you decide it’s time to improve your thermostat or need AC installation, call our team at 226-270-1164 or contact us online. We’ll help you figure out the best solution for your house. And as always, all our services are endorsed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
*Not applicable to the Advantage Program™. See your signed Advantage Program agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.