Carbon Monoxide

Carbon Monoxide: Take the Proper Steps to Detect

There are a lot of potential gases that may be present in your home. Natural gas, radon, and gases and vapors that can come from such items as household furnishings, carpeting, flooring and paints. But none of these gases are as hazardous as carbon monoxide.

Carbon monoxide could be a matter of life and death, so it’s not something to joke about. This toxic gas is colorless, odorless, tasteless, and initially non-irritating. A by-product of burnt fuel, carbon monoxide can manuveur its way into your home when the heat exchanger on a gas furnace cracks, allowing carbon monoxide to leak. Depending on how large the crack is and the circulation in a home, carbon monoxide can quickly be fatal, or the gas could cause symptoms that have been misdiagnosed as the flu, viral infections, and chronic fatigue syndrome, among other things.

There is no reason to risk carbon monoxide poisoning. Here’s what you can do:

  1. If you don’t have a carbon monoxide detector in your home, call Roy Inch & Sons Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning in London to purchase one. Ask us about affordable WiFi carbon monoxide detectors like the Nest Protect.
  2. If you have a carbon monoxide detector, be sure to regularly check or replace the batteries. Testing should be done every few months, and the detector should be replaced every 3 to 5 years.
  3. If you hear the carbon monoxide detector alarm go off, or experience flu-like or other symptoms described above, ask your doctor to test for carbon monoxide poisoning.

Carbon monoxide doesn’t have to be scary and with the proper steps you can protect your family from its dangers. Take the necessary steps and call Roy Inch & Sons Service Experts in London at 226-270-1164 to learn more.

Roy Inch & Sons Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning
3500 White Oak Road, Unit B-1
London, Ontario N6E 2Z9

Phone: 226-270-1164
Email: royinch@serviceexperts.com